Patrick Dougherty is the founder and president of Dougherty Wealth Management, LLC. Mr. Dougherty began his planning career in the late 90's at Merrill Lynch. His decision to create his own firm in 2005 grew out of a desire to offer fee-only advisory services with a strategy that allows the customization of both the client advisory and wealth management processes.
- Journal of Financial Planning – Editorial Review Board
- Financial Planning Association – Charter Member - 2000, Former Board member of the DFW Chapter
- Southern Methodist University's Certified Financial Planner™Certificate Program – Instructor
- University of Dallas Graduate School of Management – Adjunct Professor – 2004-2011
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Investments & Wealth Institute
- Copernicus Group – A professional study group dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the practice of financial planning – Co-Founder, 2004
- Certified Financial Planner™ Certificant – Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Incorporated, Washington, D.C.
- Best Financial Planner in Dallas – Peer nomination to 'D Magazine’s list of “Best Financial Planners in Dallas"
- Master of Business Administration Degree – Concentration in Financial & Estate Planning, Graduate School of Management at the University of Dallas, Irving, Texas
- Honors Award – FPA of Dallas/Forth Worth recognition for lifelong commitment to the financial planning profession
- Design & Development Award – Designed, developed, and implemented graduate level internet-based course in Financial Planning, University of Dallas College of Business, Irving, Texas
- FBI Citizens' Academy – 2009 Graduate and Current Member of the Alumni Association
- Patriot Guard Riders - Participating in Military Honors Funeral ceremonies.
- InfraGard - InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and the private sector for the purpose of exchanging information and collaboration for the protection of our nation’s critical infrastructures and to prevent hostile acts against the United States.
- American Foundation for the Blind’s National Center on Vision Loss, Board of Directors, 1996-2013
- American Mensa